Friday, July 17, 2009

Losing a Fan

It's another sweltering day here in the Southwest, and I must say that the rotating fan has become my new best friend. To my old best friend: Sorry. We had a lot of things going on, most of them great, but you can't keep me cool like Holmes does. Plus he's polite enough to have multiple settings that can be switched around to fit my mood. Can you do that? No, you can't. So how could you expect me not to fall in love with Holmes? Wait. Hold on. Holmes? Holmes? HOLMES!!! Dear Lord...he's...he's...no more. There's a note.

"It brought me my greatest pleasure to make you feel cool, but you also gave me the greatest disappointment I've ever felt. I'm leaving you for a better world. A world where I'm free to rotate to whomever I choose to and turn off on my whim, not theirs"

Well then.... I guess I learned a lesson that so few people of my generation have: Friends are irreplaceable people you can rely on and trust, not material objects that bring you joy but then break down, only to be replaced by one of the millions of others like them.


Thus concludes this post of really random weirdness and poorly executed social commentary. I am quite stoked for the DOL finale this Sunday and should post my Adam Goldberg interview on Monday. Laterz.

1 comment:

  1. IJB!
    I was freaked out when I saw a that I had a comment on a post. I was almost certain it was going to be someone from Red Scare Industries telling me I was never allowed to mention them or Cobra Skulls in print again. I'm not really sure why. I believe that spending so much time on the internet may have aggravated my more paranoid sensibilities.
    I'm following your blog now, so I guess you'll probably here from me every now and again. You know, besides the times we actually talk or hangout.
    Regards,
    Jake Tueffel

    ReplyDelete