Friday, July 31, 2009

The Initials BB

That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

I wanted to compare my Summer to a rose and how stress and thorns are unfortunate things, and I wrote it out to be very poetic, but then I realized how lame that is. Point is, I am stressed out. What's causing this are two things: A feature film I'm deeply involved in and a short film I recently got thrown into working on. I'll spare you the details, but I'm close to stretching myself to the fullest. Add one more responsibility and I might snap and fly off into the stratosphere. Speaking of spheres, there is one thing I've been having a ball with (ahahahahaha?). I've been working on my senior thesis short film which will be shot a year and a half from now most likely. It might seem like I'm starting too soon, but I want to make something great that can get me some recognition, respect, and most importantly a job and the importance of it has been weighing on me enough to start on it. I've begun writing out music for it on guitar and piano, which really sets the tone of the story which I've also been writing. The music and words are going together great enough that If I get stuck in one area, I can usually pull myself out of that creative hole by working in the other. I think I can write a really great score for my thesis and if I can get all the right parts together far in advance for it, I might have a chance of doing something I'll really love and appreciate. Another reason why I'm working on it so soon is so that I can get all of the props, locations, and all around randomness figured out before the issues of finding actors come about. So if any of you know a fork lift operator or somebody with access to a trained elephant, let me know. Seriously. It's going to be epic.


Also, started listening to this dude. He's French and awesome.

3 comments:

  1. You're burning me a copy of Gainsbourg, right? I'll have the copies of Brel ready to go whenever I (hopefully) see you tomorrow.
    Is it just me, or has summer become more of a letdown the older we get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessir.

    Um, yes it has. I imagine they will continue to be letdowns until we have fancy jobs and money for great vacations. Until then we can pretend to be jetsetting socialites as we work and watch television at home.
    I suggest a visit to Comic Con next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I said the word "until" twice in two sentences. Fail.

    ReplyDelete