Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No Interview Links for Awhile

The KRUX website has and will continue to be down for another week it seems, which is very depressing. I can't share with you any interviews until then since I would have to link you over to the site to hear them. I'm not sure if I can post KRUX derived content here and so I won't just in case. On a side note, I am doing fairly well except that I am stressed out beyond all belief and internalizing all of it, resulting in sleepless nights and thus fatigue. I still want a vacation before going back to school and I hope that happens. Two weeks in someplace foreign. I'd like that. Will I get that? Doubtful.

Oh, and I'll be interviewing Boots Riley sometime this week and will put that link up whenever our site is working. I'm listening to his collaboration with Tom Morello and I'm not sure what to say about it really except that Boots has the best voice for saying the word "Mothafucka" and I'm glad that he's smart enough to use it as much as possible. Also, this makes me wish RATM would put out something new. Morello is prolific enough that they could assemble an album in less than a year and have it sound better than average. Maybe he's too busy providing music for Iron Man 2? 

2 comments:

  1. A new RATM album? Now there's an idea.
    The quote that stuck with me, that from what I've heard of it I think really applies to the Street sweeper social club album, is that Boots comes across as the poor man's Zack De La Rocha, even though he's better than that. I haven't heard the whole thing though, just a couple of songs.
    Also, I apparently have too much free time on my hands right now. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More power to you for having free time. No, really; you're gathering so much energy right now it's going to be awesome when you get rid of it, I imagine in some sort of Dragonball Z way. Also, you are welcome to watch G Force with me on Saturday...Message me later for more details.

    ReplyDelete