Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bright Ideas and Shoegaze Ramblings

Well hello there!
This weekend has been a might fantastic, and I owe it all to friends. I was able to both relax this weekend and keep busy thanks to these fine folks. One function involved pizza and a movie. Simplistic, yet wonderful. Another involved reminiscing about years past at a small gathering where Mario Kart was played and manhood-proving scuffles were had (My record remains 1-0 and I intend to keep it that way). I jammed with some great guys earlier today and we plan on playing shows around town in the near future. These shows will mostly feature jazz-fusion/blues tunes and a few covers. Prince will be in the arsenal for sure.
I also made a pact with a friend and fellow blogger named Jake who is too hilarious to ignore and intelligent as well. We will begin a weekly podcast together. It will be awesome. The Mayor of Blogville is going to cut the ribbon at the grand opening and the National Anthem will be sung by Mike Ditka. You can find Jake's blog here and I must say that it is always funny.
Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, I suppose I can now vent and mope over personal issues in the way that most bloggers do, or at least seem to do. This may be common knowledge, or it may not, but I have not been in a relationship, and by that I mean a healthy long-term partnership, with a woman for over a year now. It's frustrating to want something so badly that is out of your control, and while that thought isn't original or singular to me, it stings the same. I should be happy with what I already have in life, and I am, really. But being single for such a time can put a damper on any mood. And it's not like I'd be willing to date just anybody to fix this problem; I want someone that means something to me, and without that, many of the joys in life can feel quite meaningless. Friends mean something to me, and I love them for that, but I can't cuddle with friends. I can't hold hands with friends (Never been the type). I can make friendship bracelets though (Really good ones). And so I will keep pining for an elusive feeling that resided in my heart long ago. For now I'll just keep occupied with work, school, film, music and friends, which seems like a lot actually when I think about it.
Well, I hope my emo-rant entertained you or at least proved to be more interesting than whatever work you're avoiding while you read this. Farewell, and stay tuned for that podcast. It's going to be funtimes mcgee. Also, listen to the band Nurses if you have some time. They are dominating my headphones right now and are very very good.

1 comment:

  1. Mike Ditka's bringing these guys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU
    And yeah, I hear ya. Women, and the lack thereof...
    I'm really pumped for the podcast though!

    ReplyDelete