Friday, August 7, 2009

Harness Your Hopes

So I am hanging out in Missouri at the moment enjoying wi-fi and wondering why CSI:Miami is still on the air. People got it right when they decided to let CSI: NY fall to the wayside, so why continue to watch this crap? Anyway, the weather is lovely over here and the population I've encountered has been friendly. Met with relatives, and most of today's experience was great. It's always interesting being around your predecessors, the members of your gene pool, and people who share the same first name as you. The summit of dudes with my name was a success and I was glad to have seen and talked to them today. My grandfather is incredibly funny and lucid at his age, and I am very thankful for that. The man knows his funny and I have a lot to learn from him.
Still have some more stuff to do here and in Illinois tomorrow. Might gamble away my savings over cards. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm writing a little bit (not this) and thinking about some middleweight concepts that were brought about recently. There is much to be learned from music, I will say, and song analysis can eventually lead to self-analysis and progression within the soul. Also, it can lead to using pretentious sounding phrases and turtlenecks. Wow, that neck is really snug. Where did this American Spirit come from? Well, I guess I'm stuck in an indie-bookworm-shoegazing vortex. I'll say hello to Calvin Johnson while I'm here. Until next time, farewell.


Also, I will be making a most excellent Aquaman costume this semester. So as to seem like I'm Aquaman. Yes. Win.

3 comments:

  1. This wasn't a redux post, this was a rewrite. I am shocked. Shocked and appalled. No, I kid, do whatever you like. When you do you get back from your venture to the Midwest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get back very very soon, like tomorrow because I couldn't get off of work. But yeah, it's pretty much a rewrite. I just love that word redux! And the Pavement song "Harness Your Hopes" is too good to not listen to and reference all the time. And now I'm rambling, because I just got jacked up on Mt. Dew. Abjlakdfoaeiae;lakd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't come at me like a spider monkey.

    ReplyDelete