Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Do My Crosswords in Pen

Another day spent in town, but it was unlike any other day spent in town. Not that anything incredibly interesting happened, but my day didn't resemble most others I've experienced. Got no sleep, which happens from time time, especially when I drink copious amounts of caffeine and have an Oreo shake late at night. Woke up, as I often do, without fail. Then, I met with Matt to discuss our single take short film and make some small additions to the script. This happens never. Hopefully we do another short after this and another and another and...another. After that, I helped people move into the dorms on campus for a few hours. Some were thankful for the help and others were less than enthused about being waited on hand and foot. Folks that appreciate hard work done for them at zero cost are okay in my book. Only a few names filled it up today though. After that, saw a few friends and took a nap. Now, I'm listening to On Broken Wings, which is a pretty good band, even if they created the genre called MoshCore. I also think they're the only band that classifies themselves as that. Perhaps they have a farm league band in that style as while. Either way, it's aggressive hours till bed, meaning I want to be up and active and in Ed Hardy attire. Actually, I think they don't sell attire. I'm pretty sure they sell "attitude" and "gear" and "dreams." Seriously, mid-life crises just got more affordable. Investment bankers everywhere that still have a penny to shake can simply buy a few shirts from them instead of a Corvette and have enough confidence left to hit on struggling waitresses. My prediction: Ed Hardy sponsors and/or starts a Mixed Martial Arts organization. The fighters will have spray-tans to mask those hours at the gym and hair plugs to compensate for their steroid-induced baldness. Good god I want that to happen.

I guess I should also mention that I hate most metal-core groups with a fiery passion. For some reason my hatred doesn't work on this band, and I'm not sure why not. They aren't very skilled musicans at all and have a terribly lame attitude. Will investigate this phenomenon for sure.

2 comments:

  1. On Broken Wings? Maybe it's all their breakdowns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. Their recordings are brutal enough. I listened to the new Braindrill song and highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete