Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Bizness Time

Woohoo y'all! I am starting this blog this way because I am too excited today. I really mean too excited, because my joy levels are peaking for something which may not be that interesting to anyone else. As you may know, I work at a radio station. It's great and I feel much at home here in the offices at KRUX. Today I got my first official gift from the station: BIZNESS CARDS. They have my name, title, phone number, fax machine info (Someday I will fax something to someone. It will probably be something dirty), and a nifty logo of the station. I feel incredibly legit right now and want to hand these out to everyone. I may start wearing fancier clothes. What I will do for sure is treasure them. The feeling I'm experiencing is akin to that of a small child getting a holographic Charizard card, only I know I can actually do some good with the cards I have. Networking will be made easier for sure, and maybe I can secure some personal interviews with these when I attend shows. I've most been doing phone interviews, but I'd like to do more in the field and you know, actually meet the people I'm talking to. So, yeah, that's why I'm in such a good mood. I also got a placard with my name on my office door. It's pretty boss and again, I feel legit. Too legit to quit. And I will never quit or jeopardize my place here because I love it too much. Hopefully I can keep doing this until I graduate and maybe use the experience to get a job if needed in the future. Perhaps I could be a shock-jock, but I also might be too polite for that. One person who is not polite is the contestant on the show Real Chance of Love 2: Back in the Saddle named Spanish Fly. She was totally interrupting Chance's alone time with Hot Wings. The names of these people are ridiculous, much like their actions, verbal tics, wardrobes, and everything else about them. I look forward to seeing this show all the way through and talking about it to the select few I know that follow this trash as well. I've started writing a short film that hopefully will be shot sometime in the next two months. What I can say about it is that it involves couples in conversation, revealing a certain notion I have about how relationships work. And it's all in one take. And there's a fire. Insane, I know, but I think my friends and I are smart enough to pull it off. I've also been thinking lately about the friendships and working relationships that have started in the past two years and how I'm so glad to have these people around me for support, laughter, and to work on projects with. I hope to be involved with all of them for the rest of my life. I know a few are going to go very far, and if I can do it with them, then awesome. With all the work I've done this summer on projects, the more I've realized what I want to do. I've had conversations with faculty members about where I'm going to go after school and what I'm going to do. My future's been a bit of a mystery among the people guiding me and myself. I'm coming into this semester with a goal in mind and hope to establish in their minds and the minds of my peers that I am a writer and will be a writer. Not a sound mixer, not a DP, not a producer, but a writer, writing away off-set on a computer. I have a bit of a plan for how I'm going to succeed in this career, and if it works, I'll let you know in the form of skywriting or letters printed onto gold sheets with platinum ink. If I'm going to make it, I'm going to make some money in the process, so why not be a jerk to everyone about it? I'm kidding about all of that. Seriously, I am not that guy. If you think I'm anything like that, I'm sorry I've led you to that conclusion. Oh man, I am listening to some Ad Council spots right now to choose from to put on the air and there are some ridiculous ones. This girl just used the Jonas Brothers as an excuse to not post nude photos online. I definitely learned a lesson from that one. Well, I'm going back to work now. Comment me if you read this! I know my blog is not read very often, not that it really matters, but I'd like to get some definite numbers on my readership. Also, podcast coming as soon as Jake is back from California. Lates y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Ira, being all sentimental and shit. What a vag. Just kidding. So, obviously, you've got me as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have one reader other than myself...let the blogwhoring begin.

    ReplyDelete