Sunday, August 9, 2009

Biggie Shorty

I am back home after a very, very short trip to Illinois. It was good with the exception of a few bad hours I don't wish to speak about in depth. Let's just say I am never staying in a retirement home when I get older. I purchased and read Jeff Smith's "Bone" in the span of a day and a half, and must say it met all of the lofty expectations I had for it. Truly wonderful and I feel bad for missing out on it for such a long time. His new comic "RASL" isn't as good, but I hope it picks up. I have an evening of writing ahead of me and hopefully a haircut in my near future. I'd look like a soccer mom if it wasn't for my poorly arranged stubble. I have the hips to pull the look off though. Gotta do something about that...Tomorrow night is VH1's super-reality evening, and I am looking forward to about a third of it. The show Megan Wants a Millionaire is godawful and even I won't watch it. I'd rather watch an episode of "The Parkers" than this. I'd rather watch the SECOND season of Joe Millionaire on bootleg than this. It sucks hardcore. Now Real Chance of
Love 2: Back in the Saddle is the complete opposite. I would miss a baby shower for this show. I would commit tax evasion to catch every moment. Everything that I love about the genre is present on the show, from crazed bitches to moderately sane bitches, to loads of innuendo-laced challenges. You can call me a sap for liking these shows, but I will be too busy watching the likes of Mamacita, Pocahontas, and Hot Wings to care. I guess that's all for now. I promise that someday soon I'll post something meaningful and well written. Maybe I'll have segues. Ooohhh.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard "Bone" is amazing. For some reason I don't read a lot of graphic novels...I suppose it has to do with all the other habits I have that drain my money.
    Speaking of retirement homes, I have to do a redux to my last post now. Thanks a ton.
    So this Chance of Love, is this Chance from I Love New York?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. And his ponytail sportin' brother Real. They call themselves the Stallionaires and the women are their stable. I am not making this shit up. It's too much trashy fun. And if you do want to borrow "Bone" or say "The Pride of Baghdad" or anything else graphic and novely, let me know.

    ReplyDelete